Day 42: Chiba Prefecture
Day 42 has us back in the Kanto region to visit Chiba. Its capital also goes by the same name and the prefecture has a population of over 5 million people.
1. What kind of animal is a kamachiko (かまちこ) in Chiba?
2. What kind of animal is a hagachi (はがち) in Chiba?
3. What is the name of the peninsula that covers almost all of Chiba prefecture?
4. The kanji (Chinese characters) for Chiba (千葉) literally mean “a thousand ……” in English? (a) trees (b) beaches (c) leaves
5. What is the name of Japan’s largest & busiest international airport , which is located in Chiba?
6. What is the name of this mountain in Chiba, which has a lookout point at the top called Hell Peek Point (地獄のぞき)?
7. What is the name of this shrine in Chiba where the god of swords and lightning, Futsunushi, is enshrined?
8. Tokyo Disney Resort is actually located in Chiba prefecture: true or false?
9. Chiba is famous for being the largest producer of what legume in Japan?
10. Write a haiku poem that best describes the beauty and charms of Chiba.
Answers for Day 41: (1) a kitchen (2) a rice cake (mochi; 餅) (3) Himeji Castle (4) Mt Rokko (六甲山) (5) true (6) Nada Gogo (灘五郷) (7) Nankin-machi (南京町) (8) Takeda Castle (竹田城跡) (9) Kobe beef