Day 46: Kanagawa Prefecture
The second-last day of our virtual journey around all the prefectures of Japan has us back in Kanto to visit Kanagawa. Its capital is Yokohama and the prefecture has a population of just over 9 million people.
1. What kind of animal is a mo-ya (もーや) in Kanagawa?
2. What does keppa-guru (けっぱぐる) mean in Kanagawa?
3. This woodblock print by Hokusai depicts a great wave off the coast of Kanagawa: true or false?
4. Kanagawa has a sister relationship with which city in Australia?
5. Who is the Yokohama native who played the role of Hogun in the 2011 Marvel Studios film, Thor?
6. Yokohama’s Chinatown district is the largest in Japan: true or false?
7. How many Japan Series Championships have the Yokohama DeNA BayStars won since they were founded in 1949? (a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 8
8. What is the name of this shrine in Kanagawa said to be founded in 1185 and dedicated to a hybrid deity: a goddess of music, wealth, and water, together with a serpent god?
9. What colour do the shells of chicken eggs turn when they are boiled in Owakudani’s natural hot springs?
10. Write a haiku poem that best describes the beauty and charms of Kanagawa.
Answers for Day 45: (1) thank you (2) a fish (3) true (Kagawa is the smallest) (4) true (5) Emperor Nintoku (仁徳天皇) (6) Tsutenkaku Tower (通天閣) (7) Universal Studios Japan (8) takoyaki (9) kushikatsu
#VisitJapanAU #Japan #VisitJapan #japanese #japantravel #japantrip #japanlover #travel #wanderlust #vacation #pubquiz #pubculture #competition #mochiwamochiya #translation #japanesetranslation #kanagawa #yokohama #kawasaki #hakone