Day 47: Tokyo Prefecture
The last day of our virtual pub quiz takes us to Japan’s largest and most famous prefecture: Tokyo. Its capital also goes by the same name and the prefecture has a population of 14 million people.
1. What was the former name of Tokyo prior to the Meiji Restoration?
2. What kind of animal is a mizuku (みずく) in Tokyo?
3. What kind of animal is a konkonchiki (こんこんちき) in Tokyo?
4. What is the name of the westernmost town of Tokyo?
5. Name the two professional baseball clubs that are based in Tokyo.
6. The Tokyo Marathon is the sole marathon major in Asia: true or false?
7. Tokyo Tower is the tallest structure in Japan: true or false?
8. For how many consecutive years has Tokyo held the crown of the most Michelin-starred city in the world for fine dining? (a) 11 (b) 12 (c) 13
9. What is the name of the Tokyo native who directed the movie that won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 75th Academy Awards?
10. Write a haiku poem that best describes the beauty and charms of Tokyo.
Answers for Day 46: (1) a cow (2) to kick around (eg, a soccer ball) (3) true (4) City of Gold Coast (5) Tadanobu Asano (浅野 忠信) (6) true (7) (a) 2 (8) Zeniarai Benten (Ugafuku) Shrine (銭洗弁財天宇賀福神社) (9) black